What is Genealogy?
A: the study of tracing lines of descent or development
How do you know what you have found is right?
A: Genealogists are required to adhere to the Proof Standard which is comprised of five elements:
- Reasonably exhaustive research has been conducted.
- Each statement of fact has a complete and accurate source citation.
- The evidence is reliable and has been skillfully correlated and interpreted.
- Any contradictory evidence has been resolved.
- The conclusion has been soundly reasoned and coherently written.